Skip to main content

THE OFF DAY

Today is one of those days when I just feel like staying in bed all day and doing nothing
I feel like closing my eyes and willing all my struggles and challenges away
I don't want to be strong today..
I don't want to be inspired,encouraged or motivated
I just want to stay put and pretend that life was a fairy tale

Yes...I know what you are thinking...
were you not talking faith the other day
and sounding so strong and mighty...
Yes I know.....

Truth is....I would not always feel like a victor every day..
but it doesn't change the fact that I am.
Some days may feel harder and more daunting than some
but am going to brace up..draw strength from the saviour and face IT
I may not feel all happy and motivated,but the joy of the lord which is not dependent
on my mood,feeling or circumstance would add a spring to my steps.
I may feel like running away and not facing the world,
but HE would carry me when I can't
carry on..His strength is perfect.

So....instead of letting my feelings get the best of me..
I would rather choose to encourage myself in the lord.
I would kick those sheets off me and get on my feet..
I would speak over myself.......
C'mon Child...you have come too far to give up now..
You would finish strong,
you would fulfill your destiny and purpose.
C'mon Child....Be strong,Hold on..everything would work together for good
C'mon.....every word God has spoken concerning you would come to pass
You are the head and not the tail,made for signs,wonders and greatness
A king is inside you..you are an answer to the worlds problems...
A victor,A winner,An overcomer....

My my my...I feel strengthened already...my praise is back,my faith is stirred
not giving up,not today..not just yet...

anybody feeling encouraged!

1 sam 30:6KJV
And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

Comments

Obi Adebayo said…
This is nice Stella. Words of comfort and upliftment. This is truly what you were made to do. May the Lord increase you more and more, you and your children
Efua said…
YOu may not always feel courageous but you've got to get up and face life even if you have to face it afraid. God bless you my dear girl. You are truly an inspiration and I love your honesty, it's very refreshing and it goes to prove that indeed it is in God alone that we live, move and have our being.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen Ma...God bless you..
@Efua...love what you just said about facing life even if you have to face it afraid..that's a revelation on its own...God would continue to give us strength for each day.
love you ladies!
Anonymous said…
Really nice.... I can count a couple of times recently I'd have really loved to have something like this. I'm going to print this and paste somewhere so I can read it again.

The Fairy GodSister.
Stella Agwor said…
Thank you Fairy Godsister...no matter how difficult our days get..we would always find strength to make it through. .
Eno-obong said…
Am encourage cause i have been thinking.........but this is just it.thanks stell
Ihotu Joy Amuta said…
True!!! There is nothing like knowing that you have to encourage yourself and be self motivated, otherwise you'll hardly get anything done

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

Before the novelty of the new year wears off Let me take time to welcome you to 2015 and wish you a great year.. I so love a new year,it is a constant reminder of the Kind of God we serve.. who gives us another opportunity To start again,dream again,run again..regardless of what May or may not have happened in the past year.. Permit me to take a slow ride down memory lane as I look back at the highlight of my year 2014... I must look back so that I can appreciate  from whence God has brought me and where he is taking me to. I must look back lest I take for granted all he has done for me. I must look back so when the enemy comes to lie to me that God hasn't been good I can count my blessings and make My boast in the Lord. 2years ago after the loss of my daughter I found out that there was a 50/50 chance that the next child I conceived  was also going to die. I remember the consultant looking at I and my husband with a very sad face as he told ...

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still l...

little beginnings...This Woman Of Faith Is 1year Old

This Woman of Faith is 1 year old.. I give God praise for this beautiful vision. A vision birthed through my pain.. God is indeed an amazing God. I remember how it all started I was in a really low place.. It was Sept,2012 I had just received the diagnosis of my Daughter's condition I was discouraged,scared and I felt so alone.. I remember praying and crying my eyes out one day and I asked God to help me through it all and I kept saying,the devil is not going to rejoice over me but through all this lord,let me bring you glory. I didn't know what lay ahead but what I knew was that..I wanted to bring Glory to God.I wanted to praise through my tears and walk in Faith rather than Fear...I wanted to overcome this battle,I wanted to put the devil to shame. So God laid it in my heart to write about my struggles and my victories. "Write"...I thought to myself..how do I start,what do I write about.. I never saw myself in that light.. I never imagined t...