Skip to main content

Thankful...

I am just so thankful ..I have spent the past
week just thinking of the goodness of the lord...
As I write I have a big smile on my face...

A close friend  once asked me if I was happy
and I replied without thinking and I said to her happy?
no I am not happy...I am joyful
joyful not happy because happiness to me is dependent on being or having
Joy on the other hand is a richer and deeper form of happiness not dependent on being or having,just a deep satisfaction and contentment in God who is all and has all.
Joyful because I have a confident trust and assurance in God
so I am not moved whether I have or do not have..I am simply rejoicing....

I have come to realise how the enemy fights so hard to steal our joy..
he knows that once he gets us to loose our confidence and trust in God's love and abilities,
we become weak..no wonder bible says with joy I would draw waters from the wells of salvation(Isa 12:3).The wells contain in them everything you and I need in life..all that pertains to life and godliness..so when the devil attacks our joy,our strength is gone. and we can't draw out the provision we need..
no strength to engage in warfare..
no strength to endure and persevere
no strength to decree and declare in faith..
no strength to praise and witness.

Today I am so thankful that my joy is still intact..
that regardless of all the enemy is trying to do, I have an unshakable trust that my God loves me and he would come through for me..I am thankful that my love for God is still strong..and that I still love and believe in God even in such an unbelieving world.

I am thankful for the fact that God has never failed and he is not about to fail me now..
As I look at the lives of my loved ones and friends and well wishers,.I can Indeed see the hand of God...

We all have so much to be thankful for. .
The challenge is to recognise the many ways the enemy tries to steal our joy with conflicting reports and fight to keep our joy intact..lets stay in His word and His presence for there we find fullness of Joy....lets keep our eyes on Jesus....lets remain confident,steadfast and immovable...
Our God is good...




Comments

Eno-obong said…
just the very encouragement l ned keep up stella................
Anonymous said…
Stella, I can't thank God enough for your life. I'm so grateful to God for who you have become in him,a true" woman of faith". Go on girl, impact your world.
Lexi said…
God works in Mysterious ways!! I'm not even sure how your blog got on my computer, I just turned it on! I have had a difficult time fighting the enemy mentally. I have been praying, and asking God to help me become more like him everyday. Your words of Faith are amazing! I read your post about the Doctor posted 4/8/13- God will heal you. And he has created beautiful ray's of hope in this dark world we live in, and you are one of them. Thank You for your blog! I am very blessed to have found it-or for it to have found me. Thank You God Bless
Stella Agwor said…
Amen Lexi..am so glad you have been truely blessed Our God is Awesome. .God's grace is sufficient for you my dear and I pray God meets you at the point of your every need. .victory is ours. .Stay blessed
Anonymous said…
Stella, I saw a link to your blogs on FB and have literally read through all of them (just now). You have inspired me to keep keeping on in spite of the reality of situations as they appear.
You have inspired me to HOLD ON to Gods faithfulness because things are not always be what they look like.
God has given you a voice to be that cry in the wilderness that encourages us to prepare for greater things to come. To hold on to the promises that God has made To be steadfast in our faith without wavering even when is seems almost impossible.
The truth of what you have shared with others means a lot more than you will ever imagine.
God Bless and thanks for getting me back on track to realising that "in all things and at all times give HIM (God) thanks"
Stella Agwor said…
Amen thank you. .Am truly honoured may God's name be praised.
areesha said…
Great job stells! God must b truly proud of u n HE sure showsoff wit u like he did,job in d bible. I hear HIM say"have u seen my dota -stells". Grace increased2 do more n enlarge God's kingdom.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the