Skip to main content

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmm....

Waking up each day to the reality of the past few days
has been the hardest thing I have had to do in my life lately
Waking up to the reality that my precious little daughter
wouldn't be staring at me through her pine cot...
waking up to the reality that the smiles and coos
I love so much would only be a part of my memory now.
waking up to the reality that after 16 months,
I would forever miss those big brown eyes
and questioning but loving gaze.

Losing a child is pretty hard
but the hardest part is letting go...
The hardest part is accepting God's will
The hardest part is trusting that God has a purpose
and plan in all of it.

A day before my daughter passed a way
I blogged about being thankful
and not letting the devil steal my joy..
believe me child of God...I wake up every day determined
to praise through my pain,and sing through my tears
It is hard but it is a choice
I choose to trust the one who knows it all
I choose to sing even when the words refuse to form
I choose to dance even in the rain
and smile with tears streaming down my face..
It is a conscious effort..
It is a choice.

God loves me,He cares about me..
His thoughts towards me are good and not evil
and He would bring me to an expected end.
He didn't promise that I wouldn't have storms..
He promised never to leave me...
He said when I go through mighty waters
I would not be drowned...
He didn't say I won't go through fire..He said I would
but I wouldn't be burnt.
So as I let go in stillness and quietness
His peace and love envelops me
His word and spirit comforts me

Though the fig tree does not bud
 and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crops fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the lord,
I will be joyful in God my saviour Habk 3 17-19(NIV)

Yes I know .....even when it doesn't make sense
even when it hurts so bad
I can boldly say...MY REDEEMER LIVES...
                                                                                                                                                                                             
AMEN.

Comments

Pastor Banks said…
Awesome piece. I read Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19 yesterday and even this morning. The true test of our faith is in the difficult times. You are a true woman of faith.
maureen Ikpeme said…
When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions:?Wait for hope to appear.?Don’t run from trouble. Take it full-face. The ‘worst’ is never the worst” (Lamentations 3:28 MSG).

Ayo Rotimi said…
Hmmmm... His thoughts are always †ђξ best.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen..
May we not fail the tests of our faith..
Thank you Pastor Banks.
@Maureen love that message bible..Hope surely does appear,weeping only endures for a night.
@Ayo..Amen
nneky said…
God will definitely c u thru the storms of life because he promised to be with us through it all.Nneky
Stella Agwor said…
Amen. ..thanks Nneky.God bless you
Eno-obong said…
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I believe Hes closer than we can imagine.Even though now we can't see the foot print in the sand but my inner withness tells me Hes carrying us.The very print that is visible and "we are thinking it was two set of foot print how come is one?" this visible one are His own.This storms is not forever dear..................
Efua said…
Don't know how you do it dear girl! Your life is giving glory to God and your faith is an inspiration to me. You are a blessing! You're making excellent use of the grace He has bestowed on you so abundantly. It is so evident that God has you in the palm of His hand. The rainbow will surely come after this storm. I promise you!
Awo King-Hans said…
You're an encouragement to everyone of us dear, God bless and keep you and your family IJN.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen dear sisters..He is our strength even in the storm.love you loads
Joy said…
Thanking God for seeing you through thus far.
Unknown said…
God will restore to you all that you have lost a hundred fold. Just as he blessed Abraham with immeasurable blessings because of his faith, may HE also reward you for your unwavering faith.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen Nsifiok. .I receive it in Jesus name. .
Unknown said…
I'm short of words...He knows better & He has brought you this far,He cannot leave nor forsake you at this time.Be strong & take curage,do not fear or be dismayed.For the Lord will give you double for all shames & your pain shall be completely erased.I pray for His strength all through this time & beyond.Luv u sis 7 God bless your husby too
Unknown said…
Be strong and take courage,do not fear or be dismayed,for the Lord will go before you & His light will show you the way.This time,you are not alone,God is with you.For your shame,the lord will give you double honour IJN.I luv u sis & warm regards 2 ur husby.
Anonymous said…
You really are an inspiration. I shed tears each time I read abt one losing a child....I cant even begin to imagine the pain, the tears but you have proven that in everything, we should always trust God for He knows best. May God continually give you and Bids the grace to bear this loss. He loves you and though one may not understand why now but someday by God's grace He will give shed light to our understanding. Stay strong cause He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Unknown said…
You are an encouragement to the broken heart. May God continue to see you through. Stay Strong ma.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the