Skip to main content

Are you taking notes?



Are you taking notes?
I am so excited, something is brewing…but I cannot aptly describe it; I know without a shadow of a doubt that something is about to happen.
I am so pumped about my future and what God is doing and as I look ahead, I cannot help but reminisce
for we cannot truly appreciate how far we have come until we look back.

Today I had a flashback to a season of my life where I was overlooked, underrated, and written off.
I was that girl with nothing going on for her, I could walk into a room and not be noticed, not because I wasn’t beautiful, attractive or good looking but because when people looked at me in that season, all they could see was what had happened to me.

What had happened to me?
I had failed and repeated a year in university, I was the assistant class rep that year and I had to be replaced. Oh!  the disgrace and shame I felt, every bit of confidence I had in myself was knocked down.
I still remember the silence and hushed tones when some of my previous course mates saw me months after results were published.
I had gone from this girl who was at the forefront, to somebody who had lost her voice.

I barely had friends, people hardly spoke to me, looking back now; I think it was more the way my shoulders drooped and my head hanged, that pushed people away, that and the fact that failure had no friends as compared to success.I wore the cloak of defeat and shame for a very long time, So I guess if people wanted to be friends I might not have noticed.

I remember when someone told me he pitied me and was worried about my future because my grades were not improving. He kept asking me, what is your problem Stella.
Problem? I left there feeling like there was something really wrong with me,
What had I done wrong, who had I offended, why was I failing repeatedly?
Would I ever amount to anything?

Little did I know God was making me, pruning, teaching and equipping me for the various
Seasons to come. The turning point was when I realised that failure had a lot to teach me and the sooner I wiped my tears, humbled myself and started taking notes, the quicker my elevation would come..and wow, the lessons learnt have transformed my outlook on life and I am so grateful for the experience and it how it shaped me into this person I am today.

I learnt not to let failure define me, yes I had failed but that was not who I was. Failure was essential for growth, there were going to be many more failed attempts in the future so I had to learn how to prepare myself for that and learn how to get the most value out of it.
I was coaching a student recently who was struggling with her studies and couldn’t see past all the re-sits she had to take and it was affecting her self esteem,
So I shared my Uni days story with her and she said ‘’no way, you are so intelligent and confident
No one would have ever guessed” and that made me laugh, I could have walked around with a chip on my shoulder you know, but I chose to learn from it.

I am not that girl anymore who is terrified at failure, for I have learnt what it truly is;

an opportunity.
An opportunity to try again, re-launch, look a little closer and reinvent one’s self. To do better and become great.
An opportunity many do not have because they just happened to make the pass mark, so the move up to the next class but they never really learn what true success is.
So today we have so many PASS MARK Individuals, average folks who play safe, doing just enough to get by, writing off themselves and allowing others to do the same to them.

We have the other set of individuals who disregard and slight those who have failed
They try to define them by that event not knowing that it is designed to make them better and greater.
If you, my dear have felt that way, mocked and slighted because you attempted something and it failed.
You started the business but it crumbled, and now you feel knocked down,
You entered a relationship but it failed, and now you feel like a failure
Or perhaps an idea didn’t quite pan out the way you thought it would.
Or a project you started got abandoned
Brace up, roll your sleeves, cut your losses and embrace your failures,
It does not and should not define you,
It is an opportunity. Choose to learn from it and become great as a result of it.
In a short while, the people who laughed at you;  wrote you off and looked down on you would take
Coaching lessons from you.

If you are a student and you are struggling and find yourself failing
It might be time to change your learning strategy, look into your itinerary and cut out
excesses or distractions. God has given you a sound mind and you can do all things through Christ

who gives you the strength and ability.
Do not write yourself off and do not let anyone do, even if they do today, tomorrow it wouldn’t matter because you would have become better and you would have the last laugh.

I hope this encourages you to lift your head up today and work confidently
Knowing that everything you would ever go through good or bad would eventually
Work out right for you. God has equipped you with everything you would need to be great and not ‘AVERAGE.
You are valued, you are able, you can win, you are not a FAILURE,
Every dream God has laid in your heart is POSSIBLE,
Every God-given idea is ATTAINABLE, Failure  is good, let it be your teacher, get out your books and start taking notes.
You are UNSTOPPABLE.
See you at the top.

God loves you so much.

Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV)
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
JER 8;4 (GNT)
The Lord told me to say to his people, “When someone falls down, doesn't he get back up? If someone misses the road, doesn't he turn back?
Proverbs 24:16 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Good people might fall again and again, but they always get up. It is the wicked who are defeated by their troubles.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r