Skip to main content

Good Morning City!!!

So early last year I joined the sea of people commuting into the city of london every day for work.
It was such an exciting feeling.
The morning rush, the fast paced shuffle of feet approaching from all directions, the well tailored suits and starched shirts, the air heavy with scents and perfumes and many unfamiliar faces.

Wow Stella you are now a City Girl😁😁😁
I wasn't used to the hassle at all.
Having only ever worked within a half hour drive from home, this was in itself an adventure.

Then I met him...A bulky guy with a funny looking face.
His loud sonorous voice immediately made me feel at ease.
He was the newspaper man..but he was no regular newspaper guy..
He stood in the midst of the crowd outside Bank station with a loud voice greeting all who could hear, with the words;Good morning City, have a lovely day.
Wow I thought to myself, how spectacular

Every morning he was there greeting, smiling and handing out newspapers.
His chant was the same as it was the day before  and he said it with so much joy.
He made my transition into City life a tad easier trust me; it is the little things that make a huge difference.
I soon began to look forward to hearing those words;Good morning City.
It brought a smile to my face and a spring to my gait
He was touching my life and  he didn’t even know.

Then one day, he wasn't there…. I noticed his absence
Where is my newspaper man? I wondered.
After a week it began to sink in
My Newspaper man was no more there.
Where had he gone? I missed him
It’s been nearly a year since I last saw him but I remember him every day I walk past that station.

There is dignity in labour
And what ever one does should be done with pride
I am truly inspired by this man, and I pray our paths cross again
He wasn’t just an ordinary newspaper man
He was different,He went the extra mile
and He did his job with pride.

I am so inspired to be and do my best everyday
Who would notice if I am not there?
Who would miss me because of the extra way I go about my work?
Dear reader you are not insignificant or common
What you do does matter, what ever it is.
Magnify your office and be Extra-ordinary today and every day.
Who would notice when you are gone?
The world is watching and so is God.

Regardless of how I feel, or the stuff going on in my life
I  pray that my Life would also inspire someone.
I pray that God would be honoured through the way I serve others
today and every day.
Amen

God bless you.
Col 3:23 (Good News Translation)
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people

Mark 7:37a(New Living Translation)
They were completely amazed and said again and again, "Everything he does is wonderful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the