Skip to main content

Danny Boy!

There was so much noise coming from the back…
And it was distracting the others close by
It was a large hall and the speaker addressing the students was having a hard time
Projecting her voice.
A few of the students were listening keenly but the back benchers were being entertained
By a fine young chap…
He was the ring leader; the chief noisemaker.

As I made my way to the back,I made eye contact with him and He looked back at me with a daring stare as if to say;
What are you going to do to me.
I smiled at him and asked him to walk with me.
with him out of the way, perhaps the other boys might gain from the speaker.

He stood up with a pompous air about him..
His friends cheered and hailed
With his hands in his pocket and some major swagger, he strutted towards me.
Oh dear I thought, this was going to be interesting.

I took Dan outside and we began talking.
I asked him a lot of questions; his best food, favourite music and a lot of stuff I cannot remember now.
We chatted and chatted.
And then I asked him very randomly if he liked maths,
It caught him off guard and he answered quickly.
He liked maths and it was his best subject.
Really; I exclaimed
Then you must be good at further maths too,
Oh wow…tell me more?
He looked at me and the most unexpected thing happened.
Dan started crying.
I still remember that Sunday afternoon like it was yesterday.
We had organised many outreaches to schools before and after that but nothing



Had been quite as remarkable as my experience with Dan that day.

I was really confused, I was not expecting a torrent of tears
Dan was the cool guy, the ring leader, remember; the mischief maker
Why was he now crying uncontrollably.
I took me a while to realise what was going on.
The very confident boy, not afraid to get in trouble had all been a facade, a cover ,a mask
In front of his classmates he was daring, brave and macho
Yet deep down on the inside he was unsure of himself and fearful
He was Dan a scared little boy who was struggling with his studies
And had built this persona to hide what was going on,on the inside.


We spent hours that afternoon talking and each hour revealed a young lad whose self belief and confidence was battered.
I have never forgotten Dan, even after 10 years
I pray and hope the seeds of encouragement and love sown that day have borne fruit.

 All around me are Danny Boys’ in their own right, hiding under a whole lot of makeup, expensive clothes, accomplishments, University degrees with a make believe persona but on the inside are insecure, fearful and so unsure of themselves.
So many people wearing masks and yet deep down are broken, empty and hungry
Struggling with real fears and doubts about themselves and their abilities.
I remember a time in my life when I used to hide behind a mask, on such days I would wear a lot of makeup to try hide what was brewing on my inside.
Life had dealt a blow on my self esteem and I questioned If I was good enough,
If I was capable,If I was deserving.
Until I laid bare before God and he exchanged my fears and insecurities for peace and I began to believe every thing His word said I was; beautiful, confident and more than able.

The longer we cling to our masks, the longer it takes for us to admit our inadequacies..
The longer we pretend to have it all together, the longer it takes for God to reach us right where we are and move us through to where we ought to be.
We can fool everyone around us, but deep down we cannot fool ourselves and neither can we fool God.


You can be real with God today..
You can be honest about your fears and insecurities
In His eyes you are more than enough, you are significant, you are loved
In God’s eyes you are not a failure, You are not a loser
You do not have to pretend or live a false life
God is not calling you to a life of perfection but to a life of grace
It’s not about the way the world expects you to live, talk and act..

You do not have to fake it before you make it..

Silence the voices of fear and defeat
And embrace the truth..God’s truth about you.

You are beautiful, dear daughter,
….
You can make it Son for you are bold and courageous,
…..
You can do all things..You are not a failure
………
You have Got God in you..The greater one indwells you; you have nothing to fear.

Drop your mask at the foot of the cross and receive grace and power to
Live God’s truth everyday.


“But he answered me, “My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.” So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me. So I’m not defeated by my weakness, but delighted! For when I feel my weakness and endure mistreatment—when I’m surrounded with troubles on every side and face persecution because of my love for Christ—I am made yet stronger. For my weakness becomes a portal to God’s power.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9-10‬ ‭TPT‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬



“Don’t worry—I am with you. Don’t be afraid—I am your God. I will make you strong and help you. I will support you with my right hand that brings victory.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭ERV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

“And be not fashioned according to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭ASV‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬









## are there specific areas in your life where you are facing fears, doubts and insecurities.
Look for a scripture that addresses it and stand on it.

Would you like to talk about it with someone.
Drop me an email on

Thiswomanoffaith@yahoo.com

You are Good Enough,

Lots of Love.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the