Skip to main content

Testimony Time




I remember vividly January 2016
I was sitting in a goal setting seminar organised by my church
With a workbook where we were asked to write our short term and long term goals.
I scribbled quickly and then I stared at what I had written,
It wasn’t a question of if God could do the things I desired or when He would do it...
It was more a question of if I believed he could.

See,I was believing and trusting God for progression in my career,But, I looked down at my growing bulging miracle and a certain
Doubt came upon me.
When I found out I was expecting,I had mixed feelings of joy laced with worry(read through past blog posts😊)
I took a moment to sit still and come to terms with the reality of a baby 🍼 being on the way
And I had settled with the thought that well,career would have to wait.
But as I sat in that inspiring seminar listening to all that was possible to me only if I believed
I began to pray and ask God to do what only He could do.

Few weeks before I was to start my maternity leave,A career mentor called and said she had seen a role advertised in her hospital and immediately she thought of me and called to ask that I apply.
I laughed, I am almost due I said...I was (33 weeks pregnant)
She insisted I apply since that was what  I desired:progression. I looked at my Protruding bump and imagined myself turning up for interviews and seeing the expression on the faces of the panellist
Was I that desperate? did I want progress so bad? wouldn’t they think I was crazy.I could always apply later I thought to myself,afterall  I was already in a senior role where I was.I thought of a million and one reasons why No one would hire a pregnant woman.

And then I was reminded of a testimony I heard in church few weeks before I found out I was pregnant 🤰





A dear lady shared of how she was offered a job shortly before she was to go on maternity leave and the company were happy to wait till she had the baby and was ready to resume back to work.I remember receiving And claiming it but yeah right I though silently.

I wrestled with the thought and eventually applied for the role and I noticed that quite a few hospitals were advertising for the same post,so I humoured myself and sent my CV to 4 different hospitals.
2 weeks later,I was invited for 3 interviews
I grumbled,oh no...Why did I apply,How am I going to drag myself  to the interview venues,should I cancel...etc
I was so bothered about the inconvenience but my dear Husband kept insisting that I push myself and go for all of them,so I did.
As I entered the hospital for my 3 and final interview at 37weeks pregnant.
It just felt right...I knew that was where I was meant to be;I began praying 🙏for mercy and favour as I waited to be called in.I squared my shoulders,walked in with a smile and sold my capabilities and prayed that it would be enough to warrant them hiring a pregnant mammy


  

To the glory of God,I was offered the job and they were happy and willing to wait till I had my baby and was ready to return to work.I was in shock,could this be real.

This Our God is too good o.
That same God that did it for her did it for me,
And I started My new job in April 2017,
Doing that which I had scribbled in my workbook in January ,2016 That role that I felt was going to be delayed.I had it all,baby,career with nothing sacrificed to the glory of God.

I remember a conversation I had a few months ago with my colleague
She was the one who received me when I came for my interview a year ago and 
She said “Stella,I wrote you off,I thought you were crazy,I looked at you and said to myself there is
no chance of you getting the job” I laughed.
My boss said” When I saw you I thought to myself,there is a first time for everything “as she had
never interviewed a pregnant lady so far gone before.
See it doesn’t matter who has written you off,or who thinks you are out of your mind
As long as you step out in faith..
God would back you.
Even if we step out reluctantly 
All we need do is step out
And He would honour it.

You know when I was on maternity leave,I kept getting updates on Job search engines 
But there was not one advert in the field and area of specialty I was interested in,
So if I had missed that window of opportunity to apply back then,I would have had to go back to a job role I didn’t want and would have had to wait till God knows how long,
Thank God for a Destiny helper(my career Mentor) who God used.
Thank God for the testimony shared in church,we do overcome by the words of our testimonies 
It sowed a seed of faith in me.

So why Am I sharing this now,I shared My testimony in church a while back and last week someone approached me to say His wife heard my testimony and was inspired and she too got a job before she delivered her baby,Alleluia.
What a harvest of testimonies.If he did it for sister A,He would do it for you,just as He did for me.

2017 is almost over,what are you believing God for..
What have you been asking for..
Don’t give up now,take a step of faith
Apply for the job,Start that business,take that course,
Do a property search,
What testimony are you laying claim to.
If He did it for Him/her he would do it for you.

Be Encouraged.


Share share share,
Write in the comment below what testimony you are laying claim to or what you are believing God for and encourage someone else.

TWOF






Comments

Kemi. A said…
Wow....well done babe. God be praised
I totally smiled all through reading this. God indeed is not a man
Stella Agwor said…
Amen,He is faithful.Thank you for commenting dear.
Anonymous said…
Wonderful testimony and thanks for sharing on this platform. Even though I had heard it before this is perfect timing and an apt reminder of God's Faithfulness.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen and Amen..God is Faithful.Thank you for commenting.Many blessings.
Efua said…
Yahweh be praised and may He accomplish that which He's began in you in that job! You're marked for greatness and I feel excited in my spirit about what lies ahead of you!
Stella Agwor said…
Amen and Amen dear sis..Our God be praised
Kris said…
My heart is full due to your testimony. I'm a single girl, 31yrs old believing in God for marriage, a family, career progression AND (because I pray bold prayers....hahaha) home ownership. My God is bold and so my faith is bold. I'm working and praying towards patience and signs of God's will during the journey on the way to His promises for my life. Thank you for sharing sis! God bless you beyond your expectations! I will be sharing your blog with my bible study group!
Stella Agwor said…
Thank you so much for your comment,He is able to do exceedingly more than what we ask or even think of.Love the statement of your faith being bold,Our God is faithful You would testify in due season.God bless you
Anonymous said…
...just what I needed!!! I was so devastated and overwhelmed last night over my having been unable to secure a job for 6 months running. I cried myself to bed and uttered a lot of faithless statements.
I woke up this morning asking for His forgiveness and also asking him to draw my attention to things that would encourage me and strengthen my faith in Him. I miraculously came across this blog. I'm greatly encouraged ...may His name be praised forever!!!
Stella Agwor said…
Alleluia..what a faithful God we serve,He truly never leaves or forsakes us in the midst of our struggles.I am so glad this post encouraged you and I join my faith with yours for a mind blowing testimony in Jesus Name.Amen

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the