Skip to main content

living beyond my grief

I really can not believe that it is nearly 6 months
Since our precious little angel went to be with the lord
I miss her so much .....We all do.
Loosing a loved one is really hard and difficult
And some days I so want to close my eyes,open them
And have everything return back to normal
I want to see my baby smile and sing back to me
Some nights I turn and toss in bed praying that God
Would fill the void in my heart and answer all my unmuttered
Questions
Some days I cry with no tears falling..other days my heart just aches

I look back and I can truly say that for every time my heart has bled
God has been there to steady my heart...He understands that it is ok to grieve
And I constantly feel his love and his word urging me on.
God has said he would help me through this 
and I acknowledge that I need every bit of his help and grace.

I recently spoke to an aquintance who is still grieving the loss of a loved one after 3 years
And my heart was filled with so much compassion for her..and pity..
pity not because she had no right to grieve 
but pity because there is a time to grieve and a time to heal( Eccl 3:4)
I know everyone grieves differently and in their on time..and I also know that time heals
All wounds only if you let it.
Grief can consume you if you let..That is why God promises
joy in exchange for a spirit of heaviness.
And after I observed and listened to her,
I was thankful for the hope and joy that knowing God brings to me,
I am amazed how even in the midst of turmoil and pain God can give
You hope and peace..if you trust and obey.
And I made a strong resolve in my heart
To continue to live beyond my grief.To not allow life slip by..but to let my grief fuel me 
To move me to love my family hard and love well all that God has given me.
And daily..I find reasons to rejoice...to smile through my tears
To continue to trust especially when nothing makes sense.
I remind myself of the goodness of God and my heart finds a reason to sing.

I am not there yet..but I am joyfully making progress
And I want to encourage you...
If for any reason you have experienced loss in your life
Be it a loved one..an aborted dream/vision,a failed Marriage or even a Priced Possession
Grieve but don't stay down..give your aches and pain to the lord and let him
Help you..Let God give you peace and beauty for Ashes.
I decree in the name of Jesus that there shall be no more loss
And affliction would not arise a second time.in Jesus name.Amen
If you believe this wipe your tears..and get up
Decide to Live again,to smile again and Hope again.

Not saying it is going to be easy but there is grace for the road
Ahead,just don't stay down...
be encouraged.
God bless you.



Ps *if you know someone who needs this please be a blessing...share***





Comments

Umoh Ekpenyong said…
God bless you Stella Agwor,indeed there is always light@ the end of the tunnel. Your Joy will be full. Thanks for this piece, God bless you darling!!!
Stella Agwor said…
amen dear sis...our joy shall indeed be full in Jesus name..God bless you dear.
Unknown said…
It is well dear, the best is yet to come
Unknown said…
very impactful
Unknown said…
A very inspiring piece to encourage all those who have lost something along life's journey....
Anonymous said…
Stella dear, it is not easy grieving and i can relate to it. But alway know that God is up to something better...mm God has made me a proud mother of triplets and he will never fail in urs...keep having faith. Maryfrances xoxo!
Stella Agwor said…
Amen Sir,God is faithful,thank you and God's blessings..
Stella Agwor said…
Thank you dear Mfoniso for reading and commenting..many blessings.
Stella Agwor said…
Hmmm....I believe God's word concerning me dear...He would fulfill every word He has promised..I tap into your testimony dear..I receive double portion..I shall come back to testify..congratulations again darln...and thank you so much for encouraging me with your testimony..Bless you sis..love to the family.
Unknown said…
So sad so grieving but so joyous so hopeful when we look ahead to the promises of God. Relax, relaunch, rejoice for The Lord has a wonderful package for you.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen...thank you so much for reading and commenting..God would indeed make our joy full.God bless you sir..love to your lovely family.
Unknown said…
Four months by...tears flowed yesterday when I remembered my late dad.Am still grieving,but I'm up.H.O.P.E must still be maintained...God bless you for this inspiring piece,I'm encouraged
Stella Agwor said…
It is well dear Chris ...my heart totally understands where you are at..God would continue to console and comfort you..I hold on to all the fun and wonderful memories I have of my daughter that keeps me going..stay up my dear..you are not alone...lots of love my dear my brother .

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the