Skip to main content

baby steps...

I recently had a long conversation with one of my big sisters
and as we talked and shared she asked me a question relating to something
I had been talking about for a while but had not yet done..
what are you waiting for she asked,
As I stammered my way through  her question
I replied'' I am still building my faith''
as impressive as I thought it sounded
I realised in itself how silly my reply was..
and then it dawned on me..
I was afraid..it was fear speaking not faith..
my reply as spiritual as it sounded was so fickle

I was afraid of the what ifs
what if it didn't work out..
what if .....
too many what ifs plaguing my mind..
and thankfully she could sense my fears
and she rebuked me..
and in an instant I knew God was speaking to me..
I knew I needed to hear the truth,
I had spent so much time listening to all the voices speaking in my head
and now it was time to focus on what was true..
If God has said it..that's all I need
It is time to act..

God never said I needed a truckload of faith to do anything
He never said ...Stella for this thing that is before you,you need
to grow your faith for 1 year before you can have it..
He said all you need is faith in me...a tiny winy mustard seed size would do the job
run with what you have..I am so sure if peter considered the storm he would never have walked on water in the first place..

Faith is not the absence of doubts,but it is still trusting and acting
on God's word regardless..of what has been said and who is saying what..
Faith is trusting that God is big enough to make good his promise
regardless of my experiences or the facts or reports before me..
IS GOD BIGGER OR IS MY FEAR BIGGER..
so I have decided to take a step of faith,even if it is a baby step
that is all I need to get going..
God would meet me where I am,not standing and waiting but
while I make my baby steps of faith..

So here is what I have done...I have looked for the one scripture
I need for this mountain of mine to move...and that is all I need to keep
my faith fueled...
every time the fear or doubt comes.. I am going to remind it of what
this one scripture says..
I am going to move this mountain because God's says I can...
my faith would bear results..my baby steps would eventually
become strong unwavering adult steps...
but I gotta start from somewhere

so what is your own excuse....
matt 9:29 "Because of your faith, it will happen."
I challenge you to take a step of faith today..take a baby step and that would be enough
to get you going...
don't sit there waiting for a miracle..
If only we would take a step we would be that miracle..

Get up...act now









*share with me what scripture you are standing on..
mine is Nahum 1:9 (What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.)

Comments

Unknown said…
am taking my baby steps now tnx for this encougarement.
Arit said…
Faith a small as a mustard seed is all we need ... I am trusting God for restoration in my body and my scripture has been 'but if the spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead, He who raised Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His spirit that dewlleth in you'. I'm due to receive the doctor's report soon and I expect it to be goodnews all the way!
Stella Agwor said…
yes..I join my faith with yours Arit...You shall have whatsoever you say..Health is your portion..God bless you dear,
Unknown said…
my scripture is Heb 11:1 Faith is being SURE of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.. Absolutes here, no half measures. God bless you Stells
Stella Agwor said…
AMEN..love this translation..being sure of what we hope for..May God continue to prove himself as we stand on his word....thanks for sharing dear Inyang..bless you sis

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the