Skip to main content

Standing In Love

I remember the first time..I looked across the hall and truly noticed him...(Abi My husband I mean)
there was just something about him and even though we never really spoke much to each other
 I remember telling my friend ko that I knew that
we would end up being very good friends. .
I remember when we got married. .all we had was the firm belief that we were going to be truly happy together. .with little savings..no jobs. .we took the plunge
Judging God faithful to sustain us.

I look back with so much gratitude. .God  has indeed been faithful. .
surrounding us with favour as a shield...
I am most grateful for the love we share...
A love that grows stronger and sweeter each year....

A preacher once asked. ..Can God trust you with trouble
and this made me reflect deeply. ..
I look at the troubles that have plagued our marriage
and am so grateful that it has made us better not bitter..
I remember consciously telling myself that I would enjoy my marriage rather than endure it..
So as I continue to rely on the holy Spirit's wisdom he is helping me enjoy
my marriage amidst the storms..
I see how God is making me a better woman so I can be the best help for my fine Man..
I am so amazed at how God just changes your perspective and makes you focus on what really counts and is important in life..
Our marriage is admired but it is in the lord I make my boast
we recognise who our help comes from..
and we are determined to take advantage of his help every step of the way.

Marriage is such a beautiful gift..it is a promise that two people make to each other
that no matter what life throws at us or no matter where life takes us
It is two of us..together against the world. ..
It is two of us standing in love. .walking in love
and fighting in love to keep all that God has promised and given us..

I love you my fine man..
and I thank the lord for the great man you are
and as you become more like Christ each day..
fulfilling your purpose and calling. ...I Would continue to submit and follow your lead God helping me..I know for sure that the future is so great
and our love and our home would continue to give God glory.

As we celebrate another Anniversary. .I give God all the glory..
many marriages have been destroyed by times of financial difficulties. ..but look what the Lord has done..He has seen us through and blessed us richly. .
Many homes would not have survived having to deal with a child with a life limiting condition.. The pains and great loss we have had to go through ..but we continue to rely on God's strength. .and daily he gives us reasons to smile..
Is it the challenge of working in different towns..still God gives us the strength and grace to value and enjoy each other..
There is so much ahead of us...we are not perfect and we have our issues
especially the sports channel issue (hubby loves everything sports..footfall.,F1 to hockey
and I loathe this..) and am sure I have got my annoying habits that he dislikes as well..
We would continue to work on ourselves. .talk to ourselves and the lord about all that comes with being married to each other and  I am confident that the enemy would continue to loose concerning our home..

So As I  share my faith walk in my marriage with you
I celebrate you Man or Woman for staying and not giving up especially when the times have been rough and tough..
I celebrate you for looking and focusing on the good instead of the negative
and I join my faith with yours and decree that your marriage would grow sweeter and sweeter. .the things you struggle with now in no time would be a thing of the past. .in Jesus mighty name..Amen.
Peradventure you are at the point of giving up on your marriage ...Don't. .
You have not come too far to give up now..and he would not put more on you than you can bare. .God is able to help and turn things around... only believe..

For you single lady or man reading. .It is time to build your muscle for your future home and spouse. Focus on preparing your self and lay the right foundation
Instead of expecting a perfect man or woman..be the perfect partner
Paint a picture of what you want your home to be like based on God's word and godly examples
not what the world depicts and celebrates...
and God would honour your Home..
God bless you.


Comments

Johnson said…
I had tears in my eyes after reading this, such a wonderful piece, we celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary on the 20th Sept, we have learn to be patient with each other, for example as little as where to press the tooth paste used to cause issues; i press the tube from bottom up while she presses from anywhere(so annoying), so now, i put the tube the way i want it first before i press it from bottom up, this is one of the many differences we have to learn to live with. God bless your home.
Stella Agwor said…
God bless you and your lovely family too...I celebrate with you Sir..Happy Anniversary. .May your home continue to grow sweeter and sweeter..love the toothpaste episode. .it is really d little issues that can cause a lot of friction and we thank God for his grace and wisdom to live in peace..Thank you for commenting..God bless you. luv to the family.
Anonymous said…
Tess Chika James: Really lovely and true dear. Everyday we celebrate God's strength, grace, wisdom and peace in our marriage.We celebrate days that are good; and in some we consider not so good, we thank God for it for we know everyday is a blessing. I admire your strength and faith in God. Happy Wedding Anniversary dear with many more years to celebrate God's leading and wisdom in marriage. Love you loads.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen...Thank you so much dear Sis..It is only God's grace and wisdom that sustains our homes and God would help us rely on him continously..Happy 5th Anniversary to you and Chika..Your home would continue to be an example and peace ,laughter and all of God's blessings would be your portion.Love you loads dear sis..
immaculata Udofia said…
This Is truly lovely n inspiring.. A reminder of what's important in the home.. Thanks. May the Good Lord continue to bless you n your home.. Amen.
Anonymous said…
@ Stella, dis is true love o, but want to hear more of the nitty gritty of how U both finally became good friends.
Okwoalice Ita said…
True Talk.... Stella dear each time i read a post i cant help but give thanks for what the lord is doing through you. Kudos dear.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the