Skip to main content

SHOULD I GO...OR....SHOULD I STAY

Change is a very necessary phase in life...
We are constantly required to embrace change
and desire change..
But most importantly being Able to discern
when Change is due is the key to an impactful life.               

In the last couple of months I had been battling with a decision to change Jobs..
I had thought about it,talked about it,worried about it...and yes I prayed about  it..
Why a change of Job...I came up with all the seemingly good reasons why
I needed the move and I entered into a long dialogue with myself..and I could hear the
holy spirit impress upon my heart that it wasn't time for a move..not what  I wanted to hear so
I tried to reason with the Lord,Yes I wanted his will..but couldn't  we come to a compromise..
 I am sure He just laughed and shook his head as he silently watched on from then on...

A day or two after I had this inner battle of will..I saw a Job vacancy..My Ideal Job
Perfect Location,Perfect Salary and  It could not have come at a more perfect time..
I applied and then waited...Now every time I thought about the possibility of getting this Job
and moving..I lost my peace..and this was a clear Sign that God was not in favor of this..
So I began to pray the Fleece Prayer...Lord If it is not your will let me not get the Job..If it is your will
let me get the Job...(sound familiar anyone?)
I wasn't shortlisted in the end and it was with mixed feelings that I heaved a sign of relief.
But..here was the Temptation...a few days after I received a reply saying I wasn't shortlisted
The same job was advertised again..I decided to apply again just for the fun of It..and guess what
I was invited for an Interview....I prayed,prepared and showed up....But...I didn't get the job.

What is going on here...Lord what are you trying to say to me...
I understand that one wrong move in the wrong direction can be very fatal..
being at the right place at the wrong time can delay and frustrate you big time..
This was my Future,My career...there was no  place for hasty decisions...

I had to go to God in repentance and say lord...It isn't about what I feel is best for me..It is your perfect will I am after...Help me understand why I have to stay..

And He began to speak...He said to me Stella....too many people have moved before it was time
and have ended up being half baked,almost good but not excellent...
Too many times...we looked for a way out when it became stressful,demanding and difficult.
Too many of my children have moved in a hurry and ended up going to places I didn't send them to
He began to explain to me that He had placed me where I was to develop myself..to build capacity..
To develop skill and be the best...
He began to remind me that if I was going to end up in the palace tomorrow..It was going to be not only as a result of His Favour and grace but as a result of preparation.


I began to look back and could see God's hand of favour in my place of work...I could see the specific people God had been using to mentor me....
I could see all that God had put in place for me to grow....contentment and Gratitude began to well up in my heart.
God said..this is my plan..The circumstances that surround you now may not be so convenient..But this is why I have placed you here...It is only for a season..
This is the season to put pride away and learn..
This is the season to  sacrifice and sow seeds that you would reap in the future
Stay where you are..because where you are is fertile and has all that you need for your future..
Your next level of sucess is tied to your present level..so it is time to change your mentality..bend down now so you can stand tall tomorrow.
When you are fully baked..you would know..When it is time to move....you would know

Yet again I was full of thanksgiving to God for being so mindful of me...
For preventing me from going on the wrong path...
For Reassuring me of his plan..
So as I go to work each day there is a renewed sense of purpose..
this is my time to learn and grow...and I would reap the fruits if I faint not..

Not all opportunities that present to you are endorsed by God..
there would always be counterfeits,detours...and they come disguised as the real deal
Recognising what season you are in your life is key...for me it is a season to take root and grow
for some other It my be a season to expand and move on...don't compare yourself with another..
depend on the Holyspirt to reveal,lead and to guide..
Before you make that move...
ASK THE LORD..SHOULD I GO OR SHOULD I STAY
May God continue to help us and may we always be in the centre of his will
God bless you.

.... 1 chron 12:32..And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.(KJ)


Comments

Amba E. said…
Lovely write-up dear. Its something i too can relate with. I'm learning to be patient, waiting on God. Its amazing how He is more concerned about us than we think we are about ourselves. :-)
Stella Agwor said…
Thanks dear for reading and commenting...God is indeed concerned about every detail of our lives..We receive grace to continue to trust him.God bless you sis.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the