Skip to main content

WHEN SEA BILLOWS ROLL


As I sat by the beautiful sea
I couldn't help but feel God's presence..
I could Feel his peace enveloping me

I remember months back I had fought God's peace
In the hospital...As I held my almost lifeless baby
I could feel the peace of God overshadowing me
and I laughed within me..as the tears poured down
I said lord I know what you are trying to do
and I don't want your peace...
No...I wasn't willing to accept his Peace..

Today I am thankful to the holyspirit for not taking his peace away
God knew how much I needed it..
and as a faithful,Patient Dad,He enveloped me in his loving arms
and gently soothed me with his comforting Words...
He said child...Its going to be ok
It sure doesn't make sense but trust me I am in control
I know you hurt...but believe me THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Peace,thank you lord for your Peace
Peace that surpasses all understanding
It is your peace that keeps me strong
It is your peace that keeps me hopeful
It is your peace that keeps me sane...

As I watched the raging sea...
My sorrow was like the sea billows rolling
but just like calm followed the billows
so did peace still my soul
Praise God.

As I learn each day to bask in his peace
I am strengthened
As I choose to be still and wait patiently
I know he would come through for me
Thank you Lord for being my Jehova Shammah
My peace in the midst of my storms..

Receive His peace today
Beloved, He says My peace I leave With you..
I would never Leave or forsake you
When you are weak,I would be strong
I am your Peace..
HE is truly king over Every storm
Let Us be still And know that He is God
Be Encouraged.

 






Comments

Unknown said…
Every time I was so stressed out with life and the responsibilities of being a working Mother, plus the trying times we were going through months back; I remember the duet we did in church "This too shall pass," ad my spirit was always lifted even though I'd sing my part in tears. Trusting God for and with you,to keep your head up. Loving you always!
Efua said…
Joy - like yourself I have learnt to be at peace and at rest in the Lord living life as a working mother. I saw life to be like a rat race but God has taught me to appreciate the life He has given me and to live it with joy knowing that at the end of the day it is in Him that I find and have rest. Peace to you Joy and to my beloved Sister, Stella. It is well with our souls because we serve the King of Peace!
Stella Agwor said…
Darl sis..I remember that duet too..This too shall pass like everyone before it...so thankful for the assurance that Comes from God's word and the peace it gives us..It is well my darln. .we wld keep trusting all the way..luv u loads and more grace and strength for each passing day.
Stella Agwor said…
Well said Efua..God's peace would continue to rule our hearts in Jesus Name..Amen.luv u my darl. .
Unknown said…
Weldone sis,am blessed cos i feel so weak at this time.Thank God for this piece,it has really served as a source of strength.God will yet keep you & your home.I know very soon we will all gather to bless God for His faithfulness in your family.Receive double portion of all what you have lost in Jesus name.Peace!!!
Stella Agwor said…
Amen dear Sis..It is truly well with all that concerns us..God has promised and He would never fail..May God Strengthen you too and may his peace garrison your heart.Thanks for leaving a comment.
Flo'AU said…
I read from you and i feel such strong assurances and reminders that God still hears me! He is still here and i WILL wait!!

Thank you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the