Skip to main content

Why the long face?


I was jolted back to reality as the train came to its final stop, my stop. The icy wind blowing against my face woke my sleepy eyes and my feet went from walking to running all in attempt to wade off the cold as I embarked on my 20min walk to work.

January was such a cold month; everyone wore a long face as they hurried past. Only  yesterday we cheered and said our `` happy new years’’ with excitement and dreams of a better and greater year ahead. Where was all the excitement? Why all the gloominess?

I caught a reflection of my face in a nearby mirrored door; huh, who is that girl? I looked no different from the faces that walked past me, it was not just about the cold weather, my slumped shoulders said a lot.

Hmmm, I  remember starting the new year with so many hopes, dreams and aspirations.Some where amidst the hustle and monotony of life, amidst the reality that a new year does not automatically mean that all the challenges of the previous year suddenly disappear, Some where in the middle of all that, I had allowed all that was ahead of me, overwhelm me.I had caught a glimpse of the Giant, like the children of Isreal and It terrified me. I had been stuck between asking ;how can this be lord and finding the faith to say, let it be done to me according to thy word.

I remember the mighty things God had laid in my heart to be accomplished this year, the great visions and projects.I walked out of that New year service on the 1st of January ,2019 with renewed passion, vigor and a can do spirit, where had all that gone?  It’s rather too early in the year to get discouraged; I thought to myself, too early to throw in the towel, too early to lose steam for the race hadn’t even begun.

Why did I all of a sudden feel like what was ahead of me was insurmountable? why was I feeling doubtful that God would not do all He had said He would do in and through me. I realized that it was an old trick of the enemy, same strategy, same approach. Attack her mind and fill it with lies, just maybe she might believe and forget how big, mighty and great the one who lives In her is.

Truth is God would never call you to anything that doesn’t seem bigger or greater than you, the dreams, ideas, visions are no small feat, and it would take relying completely on God’s direction and help to achieve them. But it is so possible, so doable, so achievable.We are  who God says we are and we can do all things through Christ who Strengthens us.

So I welcome the month of February and I am determined to go for the gusto, to take small steps daily that would bring me closer to the realisation of my dreams.

Today, I encourage myself to stay on course, to face courageously the giants that present before me on my journey to destiny.To take up my shield of faith that is God’s word and tear down every lie and falsehood of the devil. I refuse to believe that I can not, that I am not and that I have not, what it takes to be victorious.

My God-given dreams and Ideas are so possible and so are yours. What visions and goals did you start the year out with that now seem like wishful thinking? What lies have the enemy been telling you about those goals you have set, how about the ones you haven’t had the courage to write down yet?

Refute every lie and take courage, keep advancing towards that desired future by taking small steps daily to achieve your goals. Regardless of what is happening around you.keep your eyes on the price and trust that God is able to lead you every step of the way.

My prayer is that we fulfil destiny. I pray that we would be focused and live every day to the fullest. And that this year we would see, seize and secure every opportunity that presents before us.That we would find the courage to keep on keeping on, even in the face of discouragement.In Jesus name.Amen.
Keep winning.

Eph 3:20 NIV
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.
Isaiah 41:10-13

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  “All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.  Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.  For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Luke 1:34-37 NIV
“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail.””




©️Thiswomanoffaith




Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks sis, I love the scripture at the end... God's reply to How will these great things come to pass - by His Power!!!
Lauretta said…
Amen. Thanks so much for the strong reminder. I pray that we all generate the courage to pursue and fulfil our dreams. Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the