Skip to main content

Perspective

PERSPECTIVE


My husband and I started 2018 really hopeful and full of high expectations
This was going to be ‘the year’
We had a clear picture in our minds of the specific things we wanted to see and we had no doubt that God was going to do it.

Fast forward to Dec, 2018, and a completely different picture has played out
I look back and my heart is very thankful for every single experience this year.
I cannot begin to sum up our year in words; it has been intense in every way possible
I have cried so deeply that my heart ached so many times and I have also laughed so intensely that my heart has swelled with happiness
They have been days, not a few; where my faith has been shaken, where I have been overwhelmed by the burdens we have carried
But even in those moments, I have felt God’s embrace as He has nudged me on.
I have experienced unexplainable joy even though it seemed like my boat was sinking.

I would never forget the day, I got on the train and the tears I had been bottling up fell freely from my eyes and right there and then God whispered; ‘don’t worry Child, you are not alone’
This year we have had to trust God for provision like never before, you know when you have run out of options and asked every one you know for help and don’t know who else to turn to
When it feels like all hell is breaking loose and heaven is silent…..silent to your petitions, cries and sacrifices.
Countless times it felt like we had reached the end, we have been stranded with no money for fuel or transportation, almost homeless, almost hungry, and almost naked, but right when we think this it,
God has showed up and provided just what we needed to get to the next Junction.
He shows us, hey I am still here, still faithful……just go through the process.
Just go through it…

This year, we have experienced grace….grace that has enabled us whether the storm with a smile on our faces and with joy in our hearts even in the midst of mockery and apparent shame
We learnt the true meaning of contentment….we had each other and what we had was Enough…we learnt to stop, dance and make a fuss over the manna that fell from heaven for us.

This year….we learnt the true power of unity…we had stopped fighting each other and begun to fight together
We enjoyed so much sweetness in our home despite the trouble that brewed outside, we knew that
Regardless of the turn of tide, it was us against the world… God’s grace was so evident and we are truly thankful
For the ability to dance in the rain and laugh in the furnace.
We are thankful for the strength to wipe each other’s tears and spur one another towards love and good deeds.

We were never without help…God placed human angels in our midst as constant reminders that
Even in our silent season we were not alone.
This year we saw acquaintances and friends become family, we saw people we thought were family become strangers
We are thankful for the many times we needed help and help was on the way.
I learnt this year, that there are not many encouragers around for so many people are consumed by their own burdens so they fail to notice
When someone else is slipping away and sinking in despair and discouragement.
I remember the day someone asked me how I was and I opened up to them, I was met with an uncomfortably awkward stare; lol
I bet she wished she never asked, so I made it my mission to write often this year and give the gift of encouragement to someone else and I am thankful for the grace to reach and encourage you through my blogs.

One of the greatest lessons I learned this year was on perspective…
Looking at my experiences through God’s eyes and not through man’s eyes

Looking at how far I have come and not how much further I have to go
Looking at my blessings and being grateful and not my unanswered prayers
You see, don’t make the mistake of looking at my midnight season and laughing because dawn is just about to break
Don’t look at my struggles and make conclusions because God is stretching me…building stamina and capacity
He is grooming me for more that is to come.
2018 has been our best year yet….because God has been on our side even though it felt like He had been silent
I am so thankful that God can trust us with trouble…that God can pass us through fire because real gold is not afraid of the test of fire.
That regardless of how tough this year has been, the growth we have experienced as a couple and as individuals has been astounding
Real character is revealed in the face of adversity and I am grateful for grace not to fall when the pressure felt too much.

If you have felt that your 2018 was such a bad, tough, difficult year
Please look again…
Maybe you feel like you are ending this year worse than how you started it…or you feel simply stuck with no progress made,
Look again…
Maybe you are still broke, single, childless or in debt
Look again…
This time around, Look through God’s eyes….not yours
Change your perspective…

He just might have been preparing you…stretching you and grooming you for what is to come…
He was building character in you and polishing you so you can shine like real gold.
Can you dare to truly thank him for the year you have had?

Father, we say thank you for 2018
We trust you and we know that all things are working together for our good
Receive our praise and thanksgiving for the amazing year 2018 has been
In Jesus mighty name.
AMEN,

Phil 4:12 (NIV)
 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
 I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
Whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

James 1; 2-3(NIV)
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know
that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 The Passion Translation (TPT)
8 Though we experience every kind of pressure, we’re not crushed. At times we don’t know what to do, but quitting is not an option.[a] 9 We are persecuted by others, but God has not forsaken us. We may be knocked down, but not out.

























Comments

Efua said…
I love this so much. This year I found myself thanking God for every affliction, pain, need, disappointment and struggle.

Simply because those moments of adversity made me go down on my knees to pray. It quickened my almost cold prayer life and set it on fire.

It made me run to Him cry out to my Father for help, it made me hold on to Him for dear life, it gave me the courage to look at myself critically and be brutally honest about things that I needed to change about myself. All these kept me in the faith otherwise I would've slipped. The lengths that God will go to make sure we stay on track as Christians!

I'm finishing the year with character, an increased faith, intimacy with the Lord and confidence in who God is, that He is always working all things out for our good.

These are eternal treasures that no amount of money can buy!

Thank God for you my darling Sister and for the spiritual blessings you have received in 2018. More Grace for the journey ahead!
Unknown said…
Wow sis I really needed this very timely. God's grace is really sufficient!
Kelechi Awuzie said…
The most striking for me was the question if we can Truly thank God for the year knowing it was far from what we asked for. The ability to do that takes you to a whole new level.
Thank you for the bible passages. They should be stickers on our walls, our kind reminders in times of adversity.
I passes through my fire in the last quarter of the year and I can't want to See How bright my gold will shine in 2019.
God bless you Stella!!
The most striking for me was the question if we can Truly thank God for the year knowing it was far from what we asked for. The ability to do that takes you to a whole new level.
Thank you for the bible passages. They should be stickers on our walls, our kind reminders in times of adversity.
I passed through my fire in the last quarter of the year and I can't want to See How bright my gold will shine in 2019.
God bless you Stella!!

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the