Skip to main content

ONCE UPON A TIME.

I remember Her like it was yesterday..
Fond memories of growing up...the type of childhood I would Want my children
To have.
She made all the difference...
She was very soft spoken,the only time she raised her voice at you was when you did something really really wrong.

It is the little things that made mum special
Like the pep talks,the praise here and there
And moments we chatted and laughed out loud..
She encouraged us and prayed for us..Her love was intentionally visible.

I sometimes wonder if she knew her time on earth was going to be short.
I was barely 15 when she passed and I could already keep a home and take care of
My younger one.
She was always teaching,instructing and made sure I was involved in everything she was doing.
We had conversations about life,love and everything..I could count on the fact
That she would listen without judging me..She believed in Me and that was all I needed.
I remember doing catwalks modelling her clothes and shoes which were obviously oversized and she would lay on her bed watching me as I gave my pretend speeches with a big grin and a cheer at end.She allowed me to discover me and be me.
We read Novels together,watched movies and yes we did have a few arguments,but firmly and kindly she always corrected and punished me when need be.
She loved each of her children individually..I remember walking in on her and my brother chatting and they would immediately keep quiet like they had a big secret no one else needed to know.
I remember how she made a big deal of the first money He earned.
She was both mother and Friend.

I remember my French test when I was in JSS2..I had told her of how scared I was and I was sure I was going to fail.She stayed up late with me the night before the test and despite not knowing so much French herself revised with me till I was a little confident.
When the test result was out I had a 50% and boy did she throw a party for 2 when I got home.She made me want to work harder and do better.
I remember when someone in school told me I had ugly legs..She went on and on about how beautiful my legs were and my confidence was restored,regardless of all I have been through in my adult years no one has been able to deflate my self esteem,because the most important woman in my childhood spoke the right words into my life.


I have a lot of memories of my beautiful mum,
Memories that have spured me on this past 16 years
Memories that have comforted and lifted me,especially times when
I needed a mothers embrace.I can still hear her telling me to tidy up as I cook.lol
I imagine her smiling at me and sometimes shaking her head in disaproval of some of my actions.
She was indeed and still is my Biggest inspiration.

Every year I take time to remember her and celebrate her for the woman she was
and the woman I am becoming because of her.
She left big shoes for me to fill,and I can only pray that I live an Intentionally impactful life
so my kids would know early on that I would be their biggest cheer leader and role model.
Life is unpredictable,God has set out each man's time here on earth
His word reminds us that our days are indeed mumbered.
If only we would live conscious of this,
we would live each day to the fullest.

Today and every day,
I make a committment to be an intentional Mother.
To love my kids and be God's example of love to them
to not waste a single day by letting the distractions and burdens
of life keep me from,inspiring,nurturing and grooming them God's way.
I make a committment to speak into their lives what God would have me say
from infancy so that long after they are old and grown my words would still re-echo in their ears.
May I not be too busy to create memories that would warm their hearts long after I have finished my work here on earth.
and may I not fail to make spiritual deposits in to their lives that even their children's children would partake of.
I make a committment to surround myself with Inspirational mothers so that I am constantly learning and gleaning wisdom to be a better mother.
So help me God.
Amen.


CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK

I. Make a committment to be an intentional Mother.
2. If your mother is still alive let her know how much you love and appreciate her.
3. Identify Inspirational mothers around you and learn a thing or 2 from them

DO SHARE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.






















Comments

Ini said…
Wow! I hope to be a mum that inspires her children to greatness as your mum did for you.

In my case, it was my dad who nurtured me but he left early, too. It wasn't easy for my mum to be the kind of parent I wanted but today, we have a great relationship. However, I developed subconscious fears that I will be unable to raise my daughter well so I have prayed only for sons. Now, I know it's time to change my prayer.

God's grace is sufficient and He will help us be intentionally excellent mothers to our children. Amen!

Thank you for writing and sharing this, Stella. Happy memorial anniversary. Your children and husband will celebrate you (alive).
Stella Agwor said…
Awww thanks my Dear Ini..May God help us indeed.
You have no reason to be Afraid..I have also had the input of various intentional mothers around me that picked up from where my mummy stopped.
You would do excellent.May God continuously surround us with examples of Good mothers.
Love you darling..
Thanks for your sincere comment.
Mojee said…
Great stuff! Quite inspiring...I receive the wisdom and grace to be an Intentional Mother. Many thanks for sharing this, Stella. God bless! xx
Stella Agwor said…
Amen Dear Sis Mojee.God help us all.Thanks for commenting.Many blessings.xx
Unknown said…
Thanks sis. You continue to inspire me. You are always in high spirit nothing ever gets to u. Trying to learn that. Without a doubt your mum raise her kids right!! May God help us to inspire our kids n raise them in the fear of God.
Stella Agwor said…
My darling..Thanks so much...May God help us indeed.Motherhood is truly a ministry.Love you loads
Unknown said…
Nice and inspiring piece Stella,may God help me to be an intentional mother. Amen .
Edidiong Okonkwo said…
Thanks for inspiring us mothers to live purposeful n impact full lives. God molds n shapes us thru our daily experiences so that we can be fit for purpose. Great grace for more exploits... Much love

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the