Skip to main content

TAKING STOCK...(LOOKING BACK,MOVING FORWARD)

It was the last day of the year..New year's eve
and I was in my usual chirpy mood
I was working late and had just resumed my shift
and the most random of things happened..
In the middle of spreading cheer,hugs and wishes for the new year
A Senior colleague who barely says much to me,walked up to me and said
"Ah Stella you have had a terrible year this year...I pray next year is a lot better for you"
I never saw that coming...I was taken aback...
hmmmm was my reply,I know 2014 would be a good year..

I have thought about those words since...
It is very important to be able to look back and take stock so we can
advance..
Our impression and conclusion of our past affects our view of the present,more so the future

Can I describe my 2013 as a terrible year...
from an unbeliever's point of view...that's what he sees...
But it is what I see that is more important...
I remember starting out in 2013 with so much hope and faith..
things were going to get better,prayers were going to be answered..
I never imagined the magnitude of the challenges that were to follow,
I never imagined I was going to bury a child
It didn't occur to me how hard living and working miles away from my husband would be

But even at that..It was a good year...
I can never consider it to be terrible

Did I suffer loss Yes...but I was never left without comfort..
God was there every step of the way
Were there times of Uncertainty and doubts..yes...but my feet were on solid ground
Were there times I fell...I got straight back up,because God picked me up
Storms raged...but I had peace to surpass it..
I never lacked bread,God provided every step of the way...
So yes things didn't go how I expected them to go
but I can see God in every thing I went through
giving me purpose through my pain...and so many reasons to smile through my tears

So I call 2013 what it truly was..a Great year
a year I had to depend on God for everything
a year where God himself was my peace..
I thank God for being able to trust me with trouble...
I thank God for not leaving us without help...
He said In this world you would have troubles but...be of good cheer
for with me you would overcome(paraphrase Jn 16:13)
I thank God that what would have destroyed many marriages
has made mine stronger...
I thank God for blessing me with so much speed and favour on my Job..
so many great doors of opportunities were opened amidst the challenges
I thank God that through my struggles I can encourage you today


So I know without a shadow of a doubt that 2014 is a remarkable year..
God is steering my ship....He leads I follow..regardless of where
He takes me and what He takes me through..stormy sea..bumpy or smooth sail
I know one thing for sure...all things would work together for my good...I am not alone

So my dear Reader..regardless of the ups and downs of the past year
The so many detours and turns you were not expecting...
see the good in all of it...take stock,count your blessings...
You may not have got the Job,or gotten married,or gotten pregnant
but am sure there is so much you have that you should be thankful for..
Remember who holds your tomorrow..

Its time to trust again and Hope again 
Its going to be a great year...believe and confess it...
I would be celebrated and so would you.
Amen.

HAPPY NEW YEAR..

PS
Would love to hear about your testimonies in 2013..someone might need it
Thanks so much for reading and commenting..









Comments

Anonymous said…
Very inspirin
Arit said…
it was mother theresa who said ' God never gives me more than I can bear, although, I wish HE didn't trust me so much'. Funny how trouble is a kind of 'backhanded compliment' from the enemy. He only troubles those who are threats to his kingdom and I bet if he understood that these troubles only make our faith in God stronger, he probably wouldn't bother us much. 2014 is open and it is permitted to bring good only for affliction will not arise a second time.
Stella Agwor said…
THANKS...MANY BLESSINGS
Stella Agwor said…
So true dear sis,I feel that way sometimes..perhaps you trust me too much lord but I must say it is indeed a privilege..I agree with you completely the troubles God allow us go through in turn make us stronger and better if we allow it to...I join my faith with yours and I decree in jesus name...In 2014 affliction would not arise a second time..We break free from every thing that held us bound in 2013 and we decree that this year would do us good in Jesus Mighty Name Amen..God bless you darln.
tokoni said…
I can totaly relate to this post! Wen people were saying happy nu year in 2013 I couldn't help but recall how horrible my 2012 was. My 5 month old baby was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, I had 2 life threatning miscarriages. But even @ dat I still thanked God for keeping my marrige, and giving me a supporting husband, and keeping us alive to see 2013 and making it possible for us to move to a different state witout accidents and elevating us!
As God would have it, 2013 turned out to be a year of testimony., my hubby got promoted, I took in witout knowing it, wen I tot I was barely 10 weeks gone, I went for a scan and found out I was 14 weeks gone and as I write dis my baby is kicking in my womb.
Words cannot express d kind of gratitude I feel inside .......
D God who did it for me in 2013 will surly do it for u in 2014 in the name of Jesus christ! Amen!!!
Stella Agwor said…

Amen and Amen...I rejoice with you dear sis...reading your testimony brings tears to my eyes..God is faithful..We do not have to understand why we go through some things,but one thing is certain..He is a good God and would perfect all that concerns Us..He is a good God and has promised us double for every sorrow..I key into your testimony dear Sis..My womb would bring forth healthy Babies and God would honour his word in my life and in the lives of every one trusting him for a miracle..2014 is our year of celebration and we thank God for 2013 because it is the stepping stool to our victory..God bless you and thanks for sharing...love to your family especially little bump.
Anonymous said…
2013 was a gud year n like u sed,despite wat happend,how we saw it makes a lot of difference..my baby cam despite all d health challenges..haven't gotten d job I rily want for now but I chose to stay positive..my husband was favored in his workplace n many mur uncountable blessings we usually consider as minor..one thing ave chosen to do dis 2014 is to remain in constant communion wit God for direction in evry thing..it'l be a great year for us all..love u always Stells..Hoky
Unknown said…
This year 2014 would be much better that last year... this i know as a worshiper.
Lexi said…
It is time to trust again, and hope again...the words of encouragement that I needed. God is good, and he has done many many works in my life in 2013. However I declare that the year of 2014 will be better. Thank You Stella for all of your words of encouragement. God bless you!
Stella Agwor said…
Amen dear Hoky,we thank God for everything...we would continue to rest in his word and his will,I pray that indeed God would meet us at every point of our need in 2014...luv you darln,luv to the family.
Stella Agwor said…
Amen Kingsley..God bless you
Stella Agwor said…
God bless you darln Sis..I know without a doubt that you would testify in this 2014,we would continue to walk in faith...God would not fail us.Stay Joyful and strong Dear,Luv to the family.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the