Skip to main content

this battle eh!

As I struggled to sit in silence
there was a war going on in my mind....
I went through over and over again the events of the past days
and a wave of emotion overcame me
I would see no reason,honestly the thoughts that went through my mind
were not lovely at all,
I remembered the tom and Jerry cartoon where you had the devil and angel whispering
to tom...one trying to get him to do something mean to Jerry while the other trying to
discourage evil..it all sounds a bit funny now but honestly at that moment it was no joke..

I struggled not to give in to my emotions..I struggled...( there is always a way of escape)
This one was simply Silence...
I remembered what I wrote a few months back about the open market
and the same scenario was replaying over again...
one can not underestimate the power of your mind..
the thoughts you allow to take root don't only affect you but every one around you..
A little misunderstanding..... that is what it was but it would have led to something else I can't even imagine..
As I sat in silence and fought for the sanity of my mind...I could feel the lord
helping me see reason..but the hurt,the more I replayed the events the more I felt  the hurt
but I guess when you sit in silence for too long silence becomes you..
the anger dissipates,you can see clearly and think rationally..you can hear the still small voice
loudly and clearly...



The devils tricks never really change...He is the accuser,the fault finder,
and he uses the same old lines that seem all too new...How could she say that to me..
Can you imagine this..It is not fair,How dare He take me for granted and before long the picture is painted,you boil in anger,you curse,you rant and quarrel..
hurtful words that cannot be taken back are said,relationships are damaged..people are hurt
How did it all start..A few suggestions through your thoughts,which you considered and accepted
as truth....It doesnt matter who is right or wrong...It is how you responded,How you reacted...

I must say I am not there yet...I still have a long way to go especially in this battle with my mind
but I must say I have come a long way..the holy spirit has worked and is still working on me..
I remember Feisty Me..... not quarrelsome..but I must say irrational and when provoked there wasn't any seasoning of salt to my words..

I remember the first 6months after Abi and I got married..every little disagreement would almost if not cause a quarrel...
I understand now how precious and apt right words are..and every word spoken in carelessness would be paid for some how.. I am still learning to bite my tongue but eh..this slow to speak,slow to wrath charge Is not so easy sometimes..but God would continue to help me...I am making progress..


Relationships are worth guarding ....The easiest way to destroy a happy home is to plant a seed of discord in the woman/mans heart,feed it daily through the pictures presented in his mind...stand back and watch it grow...
I have made up my mind to set a watch over my mind...God helping me...I would not loose this battle over my mind..I would pass every thought that comes through God's sieve.. His word..
nip It in the bud before it grows to consume me..and those I love..
I cannot wish or will bad thoughts away..I have to actively renew my mind daily..talk to God
Concerning how I feel about every situation and hear Him remind me of what is true and praise worthy..

I try to talk about my hurts and grievances with the people or person in question..when I have had my time to be silent...and I try to put my point across,calmly with every word seasoned with plenty salt.....that way..I hold no grudges...and every time it always makes things better and the relationship is fostered...
And when the hurt is such that I can't speak to any one about it..I speak to God...I tell him exactly
how I feel and he always takes the hurt away and I am better for it..

So however this post meets you...let us do all that it takes to win the battles in our minds...especially as it relates to our relationships with our parents,spouses,children,loved ones friends..etc..
lets Guard our hearts with all diligence...It controls our thoughts,which affects not only our words but also our choices and we eventually become our thoughts.

Pls do share so we all can learn how you overcome your daily battles in your mind..
God bless you..



Provs 4:23-27(MSG)
Keep vigilant watch over your heart;that’s where life starts.Don’t talk out of both sides of your mouth;avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip.Keep your eyes straight ahead;ignore all sideshow distractions.Watch your step,and the road will stretch out smooth before you.Look neither right nor left;leave evil in the dust.



Provs 15:23 (NRSV)
 To make an apt answer is a joy to anyone,
    and a word in season, how good it is!

Comments

Unknown said…
Ummm. The battle of life start first in our minds. It can be won or lost at the very point of conceiving it. The Bible says"... as a man thinketh, so he is..." if we daily duel on the word, we will think the word and the word will produce result in our thought and life. With God all things are possible. Weldone ma.
Stella Agwor said…
Thanks dear Tosin...I totally agree with you...May God help us as we continue to renew our minds through his Word..God bless you and love to your beautiful family

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the