Skip to main content

What's your Excuse

A couple of days back...I had one of those moments
where I had holy anger rise up in me...
I had just been in the company of a good friend and work colleague
and she had spent the better part of the day complaining and grumbling
and getting all worried and worked up..
I had played the listening role all morning
with a few words of encouragement here and there...

Now we were on a 9-5 shift and by the time it got to
4 O'clock I was fed up...
I snapped and...I heard myself say to her...
"I just lost a child but I haven't lost my praise,my joy or my hope
whats your excuse"
You don't hear me going on and on about it..get a grip on yourself
She was taken aback...I could see the effect of my words sinking in..
Oh dear she replied with a sigh...I think I am being rather ungrateful..
I have no reason to be worrying and complaining...
Really I have No excuse.

As I took the bus home from work
I could not help but reflect on what happened
I thought of all the seemingly good reasons and the genuine
excuses I had in my life...
I had good reasons to be fretful and sad.....and feel sorry for myself,
I had so many reasons to worry,be discouraged, or even depressed...

I also thought about the many times God feels like screaming at me saying
Child don't you see My Hand in your life...Don't you see all I have done...
So many times I have grumbled and complained instead of being Thankful..
So many times I have let the external pressures get to me...instead of just relying and trusting
that God is able to do what he has said he would do..
So many times I have stayed up late at night worrying when I should have been Praying and praising..


I do not make light the challenges I have had to endure and go through
they have been some pretty tough and rough experiences
but Is it enough reason to Doubt God..
Yes there have been tears,heart ache,Dissapointment,grieve.... you name it....
But..Is it enough of an excuse to go through life so bitter and cold and mistrustful,
Is it enough excuse not to laugh,wear a smile and be hopeful...
Is it enough reason to want to stop trying and throw in the towel?

Just like My friend some of the things she talked about were pretty serious stuff
Genuine challenges,but even so...no matter how we magnify our challenges and
difficulties it is nothing compared to the Goodness and promises of God and all that He has done
and is still going to do...

Some one asked me the other day how I manage to stay so strong
and joyful...
Well I have chosen to Trust God all the way...
I have chosen to believe his word hook,line and sinker
It doesn't mean that I don't get worried or anxious
I do...and anytime I do get worried or anxious it simply
means my focus has shifted from what God has told and assured me of
to my senses..what I can see,feel,hear,touch etc...

I have no reason to worry...I have no excuse
God has got my back..My life is in his hands
even though it looks like at the moment things aren't quite they way they should be..
If I hold on and stay strong I would reap in due season...

So....You reading...It is not time to Faint or give up or throw in the towel
You might have genuine reasons to..
But there is grace to Finish Strong...
Take advantage of the Peace and rest God is giving you..you have no excuse to be stressed
Take advantage of the Joy in the holy ghost..you have no excuse to be depressed
Take advantage of the holy spirit..He would lead you and instruct you in all things
you have no reason to be confused or indecisive...
Is it strength to do exploits you need...wait on the lord..you have no reason to confess weakness
Count your blessings....let nothing steal your joy...
Don't loose hope
If you hold on and stay strong you would reap in due season.
It is time to MAGNIFY YOUR GOD NOT YOUR EXCUSES..

God bless you.





Comments

nneky said…
Quite inspiring...no more excuses
Unknown said…
That's right, my praise is back on!!!
Stella Agwor said…
Thanks for commenting dear..God bless you
Stella Agwor said…
Amen sis thats the spirit...thanks for reading and commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

My Case Is Different...

Shutting my eyes I can vividly remember every time someone has tried to discourage me from launching out or dreaming big based on someone else's experience or failure... sometimes it has been said unconsciously,without even thinking... The moment you mention your intention and desires,there is always someone who is ready with an example of someone else's story... Who says I have to apply 10 times before I get a visa to a foreign country Who says I have to have a god-father before I get that dream job Who says I have to attend 5 interviews and receive 5 rejections before I get the job Who says I have to wait and wait,fall into wrong hands and then learn from my mistakes before I eventually  find my prince charming.. Who says I have to have connections to get ahead in life... My case is different... I am not a statistic...my case is different The fact that it happened to 4 or 6 people you know doesn't mean it would happen to me my case is

THANKSGIVING..

I have never had to struggle for want of what to write but I have literally spent the past minutes just staring at my screen.... where do I start from is the issue at hand How do I compress the faithfulness of GOD to me in just a post...hmmmm.. I turn 28 today..yet it seems I have been here longer.. I marvel at the quality and the richness of my life.. The wealth of experience and all that God has invested in me... For all his many blessings,For his favour and his Presence  Lord for all these and more..I say thank you I woke up today with gratitude,with a heart full of praise...God has been Good to me.. I take a walk down memory lane and I go back 15 years  to a time when I first accepted Jesus. What I am most grateful for is this decision I made to follow hard after JESUS A lot of times I failed Him,strayed away,messed up,blew my chances But His mercy never ceased and  I kept seeking and running after him.. I have come a long way 15 years later,I still love the lord r

I AM NOT DEAD YET

I am not much of the gardening type as much as I love flowers and pot plants, It takes quite a bit of an effort for me to give the flowers and pot plants in my front yard the attention they deserve... but I must admit they add such beauty and charm to my front yard. lately I have just been too pre-occupied with all that has been happening in my life and around me to even notice that I have plants to feed and nurture.. 2 weeks ago I noticed that they had all withered and the leaves were dry,brittle and falling,especially with the summer.. I sighed in regret..if only I wasn't too consumed with myself maybe my lovely front yard would have been preserved. I gave up,maybe it was too late to salvage the situation. I might just try I said to myself and see what difference it makes.. I set out a couple of days ago to water the plants...I had just a small bowl of water.. and as I went back inside to get more water..I got distracted and never got round to fully watering the